Wednesday, May 13, 2009

3.5


We were told to be at the bus station at 7 for the bus, but as we didn't know where the bus station was and how long it would take us we decided to leave at six. We were at the bus station at 6.20. Turns out the bus didn't leave until 7.40, and it wasn't exactly warm at the bus station.


I can't really say anything else about Yichang than that, its probably the nicest chinese city I've been to so far. Everything is not dirty and past their due date, you don't see kids taking a dump in the middle of the busiest shopping street in the city, and in general the atmosphere was pretty nice to be in China. 


The comment about a kid taking a dump in the middle of the street refers to something I saw in Wuhan. A mom was assisting her kid take a shit in the middle of THE busiest shopping street in the city. Thats China.


Did see the Three Gorges Dam before we got to the ship that would take us to Chongqing. The dam was kind of a disappointment, far smaller than i expected. 


The boat, well. At first we were pleasantly surprised, until we saw the room where we were supposed to sleep. Annika was handling it, until one of our EIGHT room mates started smoking in the room and offering us cigarets. I can't really say that I blame her, if we are going to stay on this boat for 3 nights I would definitely stay in another room, so we decided to upgrade. After some bargaining we got upgraded to first class. Its the first time I travel first class, and I can't say that it is something special. 











No comments:

Post a Comment